Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Fashion Parades are Fantasy!

I love a good Fashion Parade. I love seeing what is new and wonderful in the world of fashion and I love being shown what is now on sale for me! Woohoo! What I do not enjoy is being shown all the lovely new, shiny and wonderful stuff for me (oh really) - when it is displayed on tall, super thin, teenagers!

I am "of a certain age" and I believe that I am the target market of a lot of stores and retailers. I am also intelligent and informed. I can "google" these tall, thins creatures of youth and find out that they are the generation of my daughters! The clothes they are wearing are not for me, nor should they be. They wear shoes that are feats of engineering, make-up that is extreme and hair styles that should not be tried at home!

Today's Fashion Parades (now I sound like my Mother) are not forums to promote the sale of clothes to mortals - they are full-on fantasy productions that take days to choreograph, plan and perfect. They are more like "live' performances than sales pitchs and should be treated as such.

I am thinking of requesting popcorn, a choc top and jaffas for my next foray into the magical world of Fashion Parades!!

No comments:

Post a Comment